Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Urgh...

Did I mention I fell down the stairs?

Okay, this is turning into a very bad week.

I was on the phone (landline, in my right hand) with my mom at the time, and my left arm was occupied with raincoat, scarf, sweater, and cell phone that needed charging. Soooo as my socked foot caught on the invisible gremlin and then was released so I could pound down the stairs feet first (at least) everything went flying. Then my right hip smashed against a very solid step, and my cell phone came down and hit me.

I swore like all get-out...of course my mom heard. She sympathized and compared my grace to that of my little brother's. I could tell she was a little upset though, not about the swearing, just the falling in general, cuz she called me by my niece's name several times. Sigh, I know we look alike, but really, I'd hoped she'd gotten my brother's agility, not mine :).

It's sunny and beautiful out, and I'd take a walk, but limping around the house is as much as I can take right now. Time for some anti-inflammatories and maybe a little knitting, if my thumb lets me...

Urgh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How ghastly! I'm just glad you weren't more seriously hurt. Falling down stairs can be terribly injurous!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness, I'm glad you weren't more seriously hurt too.