Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Random Picture Wednesday: Progress Report

The sun is a fickle fiend and playing with me. As soon as I'd set everything up, it went away. Now that I'm desperately trying to fix the too-dark picture with photoshop, it flaunts itself right outside my window. Revenge will be mine you big yellow ball of gas!!! I mean, umm, hello, dark picture, sorry.

Right, so I'm flashing my WIPs today. I felt this would be far less traumatic (for everyone involved) than my scanning in my temporary Washington State Driver's License. Quite painless, that. The short time I spent waiting I was able to knit on my sock, and the ladies who helped me were SO VERY NICE!!! I mean it, no sarcasm. I came home and gushed about them to Andy. The Department of Licensing is NOT, in any way shape or form, the Department of Motor Vehicles, about which I would NEVER describe as having EVER had a pleasant experience. My favorite part was when the nice lady asked if the weight was the same or less? LESS!?!?! HA HA HA HA! That's super funny, but she was so very sweet to ask.

My my my, what am I working on now...as I try to bring us back to the original topic.

That long black thing? Right, that would be my "Neverending Scarf." I'd commented on Snitty that I was fearing working on it because I think I may not have enough yarn to finish. Happy day, I found yet another little ball of Debbie Bliss Wool/Cotton. Currently at 40", I believe I'll be done with her sometime in 2012, mayhaps just before the Mayans come back to pick me up before the end of time, etc..ahem.

The picture is just shy of horrid in showing off the colors of my sock, just under the scarf to the left. Yes, that blob to the left. The tentative name is "Seastorm Twilight Socks," as I'm guessing that's the color scheme of the yarn. They don't have any numbers/dyelots/names on the ball bands themselves, which bothers a bit. Happily the internet came to my rescue. Really and truly, there is more than the one stitch of green, that you can just make out if you squint and turn your head, in real life than in that picture.

To the right of the ST Sock is the green sockie that I ripped back to the insufficient ribbing. I've worked my way up to the required 1.5" now and am on hold until I finish the other sock, at least. It will some day (maybe in 2008?) be a "Dublin Bay" sock. Honest.

Lastly, but oh not least, is what's left of the start of Andy's sweater. Gauge is everything people. Being able to divide by 3.75 is even better. I need to start carrying around my TI Scientific calculator in my knitting pouch it seems. Once I get all those silly calculations done it'll just soar! I mean, look at the size of those needles! They make my sock needles look like toothpicks!

2 comments:

jillian said...

Hurray for finding more yarn! So glad to hear at least one State has pleasant and helpful motor vehicle-people!!

Anonymous said...

It's nice to see all of your projects. I admire you using DPNs for the socks. I was using 2 circs and I think using the DPNs would drive me crazy.