Thursday, May 25, 2006

Audience Participation Requested


So, I was waiting until Rebekah of Knit-Knack had everything set up before fulfilling her request of shilling on my blog :). The premise is this:

Craft something to donate to the Humane Society for the wee little animals that have nothing to do but sit in cages all day waiting to be adopted. There are prizes!

My summarizing isn't quite up to snuff this AM, so here are the relevant links in order of appearance:
The Idea
Pattern Ideas with Prizes Noted
Her own title, "This and That"

From there I'm sure anyone interested will spread the news and/or keep in touch directly with her.

I'm not sure if I'll have the time to participate, which is why I'm advertising for it instead. My 2 readers (hi mom! j/k) maybe can tell their friends and they can tell their friends and we'll be in a Breck-esque game of telephone. Also, I'm a bit far away from the proceedings. This is centering in and around Illinois, I believe. I do know some of you readers are closer to that state than I, so I hope you'll consider spreading the word.

On a total aside, cuz blogger's that way about pictures, I want to post this little guy too:
International Knit In Public Day is June 10th. I KIP EVERYWHERE, much to the chagrin of my friends, who have given up sighing dramatically and rolling their eyes. Just yesterday we were at Wendel's Licensing Service, or whatever it's called, getting Andy's motorcycle registered, yeah, I was merrily working away on the heel flap of my "Seastorm Twilight" sock. What else are you supposed to do? Staring menacingly at the ladies behind the counter is NOT gonna earn you brownie points! :) So yeah, there you go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting about us on your blog! I appreciate all the help we can get.