Tuesday, April 25, 2006

My Brain Hurts

I got nothin' of substance to say today, if I try you'll probably wonder what is wrong with me...simple really:

My second interview for that library position is today...
The butterflies are in my head now.

I'm going to go upstairs and knit on my socks...at the heel flap! For the second time...yes, "tinking" was involved. I opted to not outright rip as I've had quite an adventure trying to get those US 1 needles to go in the way they're supposed to after ripping back one sock cuz I missed TWO WHOLE rows of the pattern three WHOLE inches away from noticing. How does that happen??? I was tempted to take that Persian or Arabic philosophy of leaving in the mistake as "only God is perfect" or whatever it is...but I already have a couple minor mess-ups on the pattern that my OCD is letting me live with. They fit the bill quite well, thankyouverymuch.

Nerves suck ass. They need to just give me the job and let it be done with...my humble side is buried in the backyard, can you tell?

Happy Tuesday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I hope your interview goes well and your nerves can settle.

Anonymous said...

holding the leash in your mouth...that part of your comment to me made me LAUGH OUT LOUD! I grew up in Seattle!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh and not that I comment twice very often, but two things: can you let me know (once you get it) the library branch? My mom worked in King County libraries for years. (Of course you don't have to tell if you don't want to!) Also, would be interested to see your comment on Crazy Aunt Purl about getting rid of stuff but don't want to dig...can you send? :-)

Tami said...

Good luck in your interview!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog today! I did buy some Lorna's Laces to try. I have tried socks before, but I've ripped them all out after 1/2 inch of knitting. After I find a new pattern and use the LL's, maybe I'll be hooked!