Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Crabby McCrabpants...

I am quite out of it, and I don't know why. It's enough to drive a person to drink! Especially as I've been waking up with splitting headaches after imbibing NO ALCOHOL...irk. It makes me feel like Terry Pratchett's God of Hangovers. The poor fellow's job was to suffer the hangovers of his believers. It didn't help one bit that the God of Wine and partying (can't really remember his real title) was a believer.

It's my happy go lucky sinuses. They're adjusting to a new land. Or so I'm trying desperately to convince myself as I search frantically for the too well-packed Sudafed. Ugg.

I'd hoped to have finished socks to show. I AM SO CLOSE!!! But I started feeling the crabby-I-don't-know-what's-wrong-with-me -why-is-my-eye-so-bloodshot- nobody-loves-me feeling yesterday, so knitting progress was slowed to a standstill. My goal was to have the socks finished before April. HI, it's the 4th? Yeah. See, they are definitely my mom's mom-day gift. Along with her favorite tea: Ginger Peach from the folks at The Republic of Tea. I know, mom's day isn't until May, but it is AMAZING how quickly time flies when there's a deadline involved with a knitting project. This would be why I don't join KALs that have definitive end dates, my tortoise like knitting speed would have my projects ready for NEXT year's offering...if that.

So, nobody tell my mom what she's getting okay? She actually SAW me knitting the socks the last time I was home. Yes, that's how long I've been working on them, shut up. As they are my first real socks (not baby-sized and booty-like) they really and truly are socks only a mother can love. That's my working title for them.

So, if I could find my camera...another "well-packed" item, I could give a progress picture. After a couple advil and the aforementioned sudafed I'm gonna try attacking them...I'm beginning the toe decreases...so close...

No comments: