Saturday, January 06, 2007

Feliz Noche Buena!/Dia De Los Reyes!

I think it was actually last night that the 3 Kings should have visited, but I was too tired and (yes, I'm about to say it again) my wrist hurt too much to deal with shoes (for the presents), hay or a bucket of water (for the camels, you know.) But I feel a bit more mobile today, so we're still in time for a "Rosca de Reyes" and some Mexican hot chocolate this evening.

Now I just have to dig out the recipe and hope that 10 years of NOT making it won't mar the occasion :). I do, at least, remember how to make hot chocolate.

Today the holiday season pretty much ends. I won't be baking a baby Jesus in the bread, as we don't do Candle Mass/Dia de los Innocentes on February 2nd. Yes, in Mexico it's still xmas through February.

Happy Saturday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...hot chocolate. Enjoy your celebration!

Bezzie said...

Sounds similar to the legend of Old Bufana in Italy...there's no housecleaning involved though is there?