Monday, July 17, 2006

Spider-Flavored Coffee....and other Randomness

I almost didn't see the little translucent thing as I was about to pour hot water into the "drip-cup" contraption Andy uses to make a cup of coffee. Almost. MMMmmmm spider-flavored coffee.

It must be that time of year. There have been blogs filled with "spider stories." I'm avoiding having one of my own, but I think, just barely. There must have been a hatching or 7 here at Casa de Tactless, but la la la, I'm off to work and can ignore it for yet another day. I'd rather wait for them to be as big as my thumb so I can see what I'm shooing/squashing/bathing in boiling water, you know? These itty bitty little guys? It's just not a fair fight.

Gummy Peachy O's? Oh my they are addicting. I was avoiding the longest line in the universe on Saturday at BIG FABRIC STORE? Yeah, so I wandered and wandered and wandered until I'd picked up more buttons than I'll ever use and found the cording for a sock bag I'm'a makin' and found their candy stand...So I grabbed the back of Peachy-O's and low and behold the line was gone so I was able to check out and have my first O in no time. And then another one, and another one, and another one. I think I ate 1/3 of the bag before I got home. I could not stop. I love how the label says "NO FAT!" Right, cuz it's ALL SUGAR that happily turns into FAT once your body processes it, HELLO! But does that stop me? NO. I'm just happy I got whatever rush/need/addiction over with and now they sit on my desk, but I'm not at all inclined to have one, or 30. At least not right now. When my next great need for sugar arises, I'll know where to look. It does seem to come in waves now-a-days.

Bellingham...so Tim and Andy are now looking at houses to the great North. When we first rolled into town they asked if I could live there...we were in downtown, kinda small, kinda cool old-fashioned buildings, I'm non-plussed when Tim says, "LOOK, a Yarn store!" These boys seem to know me far too well. Andy immediately pulls over saying something like, "Let's wander and look for food." And basically leaving me to touch and smell and buy yarn while they wandered. Which was quite fine with me cuz I got lots of info. from the nice lady who was manning the store. Local knowledge people, that is the key. I kinda wish we'd taken her advice as we ended up having lunch at the SLOWEST place in the universe. They were short-handed--we thought there were better ways to handle this than to have people wait over an hour for their food. Start with a warning, maybe? Fewer tables, maybe? Open later maybe? Get some of the waitresses, there were many, to help, maybe? But I'm not in the food business, so to each their own.

Must run now.
Happy Monday

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, this is the same woman who screams. Nice whole picture, huh.