Sunday, July 23, 2006

Pink Socks for Her Burrday

Don't try to focus too hard on them, the are indeed a bit fuzzy, and not cuz I'm making them out of mohair. I'm fighting the good fight but I'm not buying a tripod for my fisher price camera. I know, they're cheap, but as I'm stuck buying batteries at the moment, I'll shave my expenses where I can.

So here are my pink/purple/orange socks. I'm so very glad I spoke with my mom today, I might have had to tink, rip, or resort to store bought socks! You see, I finally gave up guessing what she might like for her burrday (it's a niece thing, sorry), and just plain asked. Yeah, I'm horrid that way. She said socks! She loves the ones I made her for mom's day, but they're far too hot for the LA summer. So I told her I had some "pink" ones on the needles and asked if she'd like those? (I'd bought blue to make her some for xmas, and as I've said, these ones really are my "training" socks.) She said she didn't care what color cuz, get this, she trusts my choices in such matters. Ummm, I guess, okay...I suppose she's blocked out my teen years and the horrendous color choices and fashion sense from said time. What can I say, it was the 80s (and 90s), I was a teenager.

So I'm not going to knit an 8" foot, only 7. And now I've gotta go, cuz time is a wastin'. My mom's b-day is the first week of August, so that changes my knitting schedule a bit, you know.

But still...just socks? I need to figure out what more would work in the b-day packet...

Happy Sunday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those socks. Very nice. And that's great that your mom requested them.

I've been tempted to knit socks for my mom. She can only buy men's socks because of her size 11 (I think) feet. I'm not sure if she'd like hand knitted socks or not.

Barrie said...

how funny! now that my family knows that i knit, that's all they ask from me. they want blankets and purses and mittens (even though they're in florida). the first hat i made was completely horrid and i was about to rip it up, but my brother-in-law was like, "no wait! i want that. you made it!" i think they just like the fact that i didn't buy it at the mall (which makes me happy too!).

and i also see sock patterns that are like the ones you have. i wonder if there are any in the short ankle variety? hmmmm. i should do some investigating....

and shit, i hope i don't have leprecy! thanks for scaring me. teehee.