Thursday, December 01, 2005

Blog "tag" and Pittiful Plea

I'll begin with the "plea" as I'm quite shameless now-a-days.

I entered a contest. Those of you know know my nature know that I LOOOOOVE entering contests with the child-like hope (yes, even after all this time) that I might have a chance in of actually winning. The people at the lottery offices must LOVE people like me. Only I am too poor to play the Lotto so there.

Internet contests are different. They are free. So I entered one: The You Know You Knit Too Much When that Keohinani has put together. (I'm contestant #5.) Soooo, I'm just sayin' iffin you feeeeeeel like clickin' on the first link and maybe voting for me...I'll love you to death, promise.

Absolutely shameless, I know. I can't help it, it's a contest!!!!!

Moving on...the "tag."
So the way this works is that I fill out this meme-esque thing and some other blogger reader has to do it if they're "tagged." I don't like tagging people, I think it's cruel. So, if you're reading this and have a blog (Richard, Ken...I'm looking in your directions...) AND ONLY IF YOU WANT TO, then tag, you guys are it. But if you don't you can "la, la, la," pretend you never read it :). I won't tell, promise.

TEN random things you might not know about me.
  1. I'm already gonna cheat, cuz I just let the world know, I love entering contests.
  2. I'm alergic to pork, for real, can't digest it, form of gout (thanks dad!)
  3. I still belong to the Elkhorn Yacht Club (in Moss Landing, CA, far far away from where I live, and no, I don't own a boat anymore.)
  4. I earned the MOST money for college by babysitting.
  5. The youngest baby I ever "sat" (10 days old!) is now about 16 years old (!).
  6. I've named every hard drive I've ever owned some version of Hobbes, from "Calvin &" fame.
  7. My biological clock is broken (thank whatever diety is on duty).
  8. I'm A (+) positive.
  9. I can't donate blood for another few years because I've lived in malaria infested areas!
  10. I have an unnatural fear of metal shop display pointy hook thingies poking my eyes out.

NINE places I’ve visited

  1. Most of the West coast of Mexico via sailboat.
  2. Moloka'i (the WHOLE island, very small)
  3. Oahu (ditto, or so it felt like it some days)
  4. Big Island (I did live there...but actually just visited last summer, that counts, I think.)
  5. Las Vegas (Nevada)
  6. Zion Nat'l Park (Utah)
  7. The Grand Canyon (Arizona)
  8. Balboa Park (San Diego)
  9. Lake Tahoe (shortly before moving here--so it counts! California)

EIGHT ways to win my heart

  1. Be honest.
  2. Be nice.
  3. Smile at me.
  4. Make me feel at home.
  5. Let me talk AT you (rant if you will), even if all you can do is listen with no comments.
  6. Email me back!
  7. Hold my hand.
  8. Cook for me! Even if you can't cook!

SEVEN things I want to do before I die

  1. Live in New Zealand.
  2. Go on another sailing adventure
  3. Teach again, some day.
  4. Have a place to call home.
  5. Knit a sweater.
  6. Go do "the Europe thing."
  7. Be a part of something special.

SIX things I’m afraid of

  1. El cucuy (don't laugh, it's true)--the mexican boogie man
  2. Spending the night alone in the house.
  3. Catching Chicken Pox (never had it...never will? I hope I hope I hope.)
  4. Losing my eyesight.
  5. Small "leaky" children. They do, out of every oriface usually, ONTO ME, eeeuuuuuwww. Sorry. Small non-leaky children are a-okay in my book.
  6. Pointy store display hook thingies. (See 10 random things.)

FIVE things I don't like

  1. headaches
  2. Small leaky children. (See 6 things I fear)
  3. Attitude.
  4. Rude/mean people.
  5. Being late.

FOUR ways to turn me off

  1. Lie.
  2. Cheat.
  3. Gloat.
  4. Make me feel stupid.

THREE Things I do everyday

  1. Have a morning cup, no, MUG of tea.
  2. Check email.
  3. Blogstalk.

TWO things that make me happy

  1. Someone else cooking dinner.
  2. Drugs that work! Go Sudafed! Yippee Excederin!!

ONE thing on my mind right now

  1. Is that smell the pizza burning?


No comments: