Monday, August 07, 2006

Well that Bombed...

Hello? Anyone out there anymore? (cricket, cricket)

Guess not. I don't think even Andy reads my blog anymore...

Oh well, I guess me, myself, and I will just have to entertain ourselves from now on. This is what I get for not posting OR commenting regularly...if it weren't for that whole rent/food/capitalistic society crap, I'd have quit working log ago, cuz work blows and takes up far too much of my goofing off time (read as blogging time :)).

As I blathered to James the other day, over email, cuz yeah, I don't even see my friends all that often any more either, I need to get a job that I choose, just so I don't feel so bitter about my situation. I look at temping the way I looked at homework as both a teacher and a student. HOMEWORK SUCKS. I hated being assigned a task that I didn't want to do, but knew I had to. That's what it feels like when you first start out temping (after not having temp'ed for 16 years...) TAKE WHATEVER THEY GIVE YOU. Show off to your employers and show what a good worker you are to the Agency. Then you get better and better gigs. Smile, ALL THE TIME. Urgh. 4 paychecks to go and I might be "extended," at my current site, but the guilt of completing the time they signed me up for will be over. I can make appointments again and who knows, actually apply to other jobs and ask for long lunches to get shit done!

My mom keeps hoping they'll keep me, like hire me on. I doubt it seriously. I'm too over-qualified for what I'm doing right now (damned Master's degree) and my "boss" thinks I'll be bored senseless. Mostly cuz I'm bored senseless RIGHT NOW. Again, a complaint I shared with another friend...they haven't "turned over the reigns" completely. The didn't know what kind of incompetent ding-bat they would be saddled with, so I have HOURS of free time everyday where instead of surfing the web--I am a good worker bee...I get to "make up" stuff to do...always fun.

Oh, speak of the devil...time to go...see ya in 10 hours...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm still here! And I keep hoping you'll find that perfect wonderful job that pays you immensely well.