Monday, August 28, 2006

Can You Tell Me How to Get...

..How to get to Sesame Streeeeeet.

Have you heard? There's a new kid on the Street. I know, I know, I'm a bit too long in the tooth to be so interested, but as I'm the aunt of a child that's just about the same "age" as the new little monster, and happens to share this creature's name? I can just see me having to endure HOURS of the show when I next go visit la familia.

And I do mean hours. Ah the joy of recorded media...dvds, video tapes, youtube...These kids are not going to have that same experience that Beth's comment reminded me of, you know, having to WAIT for something to come on TV, or jump for joy when the Magical World of Disney was showing "Sleeping Beauty" or "Snow White", or (gack) "Cinderella"...(which will forever be in my head as "Sybella" as my niece calls her. I must have watched that movie 8 times in a row the last time I was visiting my mom's house. I am not proud, just happy to still, (twitch), be okay, (gurk), well sort of.)

How long before my family has hours and (yipe) hours of taped Sesame Street with the new little fairy for my little niece? I will not be waiting with bated breath, that's for sure. But I will probably hunt some pink squishy, fluffy, froofy stuff with her name on it :). Cuz you know, muppets gotta eat, and if Elmo is on cereal boxes now, who knows what Abby Cadabby will get herself on.



I have to go get the "one of these things" song out of my head now, 'scuse me.

2 comments:

Bezzie said...

Ha ha, actually I remember watching all those Disney movies in Spanish in school it wasn't until I had a kid that I watched the English versions. (and watched them again again and again)

Kristy said...

I love the Sesame Street! And I can't help but laugh at the "controversy" over Abby. She is precious!!