Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Random Thought Wednesday: Playing Telephone

I thought I'd be posting pictures of the little gifties Crafty Modster sent my way...but it just didn't happen. It's gonna... later, later though, it seems :).

For now I had a "shower thought." I love those, something to dwell on as you get through the morning routine. My "shower thought" was me wondering why it is so very hard for people to relay messages? Not everyone, mind, I just have the WONDERFUL luck of having to be around people who must love to play telephone.

Remember telephone? The Simpsons had a great one during the episode where the teachers go on strike, Bart begins at one end with, "Skinner said the teachers will crack any minute," and the Krabapple end has, "Purple monkey dishwasher"!


I'm not saying it's THAT bad...but when it deals with specific information that everyone seems to have and need RIGHT NOW...leaving bits out, like oh, I dunno, WHY something is ON MY DESK..."oh, maybe you should ask X, he told me what it was, but I don't remember." Or Y having no idea what M said about some parcels. HELLO? YOU WERE THERE? These are even college graduates folks. They exhibit about as much ability to pass on a message as my 14 yr old little brother when he's too busy playing video games to come up for air and actually LISTEN to what's being said. I love him dearly, but I know the reality.

If these people know they can't remember jack, how about WRITING IT DOWN!?!? Silly me, I know, asking for too much or something. Maybe caring too much about how my work looks to others. Why do I do that? Better yet, why am I not like them? Why can't I play the dumb-assed receptionist?

And here's where the ranting ends...cuz that lovely commute is calling.

No comments: