I think I'm going to be "let down easy" today.
Fine, I've said it...it's just...a generic letter from the HR system saying "thanks, but no thanks," would be easier for me to handle than a 1/2 hour meeting with peeps to tell me they think I'm cool but not right/qualified/cool enough for the position.
Of course, as my boss-guy said yesterday, the meeting actually could be to tell me I got the job....but I'd rather not dwell on the positive since it'll just sting that much more...
So instead some random:
- They're re-keying all the locks in my apartment building but have already issued us the new keys...heavy, new keys, so that um, yeah, we can feel safer, or something.
- My mom has decided she wants to live to see her great grandchildren. This puts a big kink in my plan to lead the life of excess and infamy once I've buried my parents. In fact, if her calculations are correct, she is planning on outliving ME...in that "I don't want to live that long" philosophy I have.
- Just for clarification, my niece turns 6 this week.
- My hip hurts, but differently. I'm hoping it's a good hurt, but really? What do I know?
- These pictures have nothing to do with anything...more like left-overs:
From that post I was going to write about when in LA and looking for yarn
Sour Cream Coffee Cake Muffins...I made them for the office a while back for the first time ever and I want one right now...but instead I'll finish my piece of plain toast and get ready for work.