Thursday, April 05, 2007

"For 3 Strange Days..."

Well, more like 3 and 1/2 frustrating ones to go...
Then I'm done with this assignment...finally.
Actually then the company is done with being a company...finally.
"Not with a bang but a whimper."
Actually...not even that, more like with lots and lots and lots of bitching & moaning mixed with lots of complaining & whining. I'm so glad I'm a temp some days. But really and truly, people? I understand it's all about you, you, you. I should know, as it's all about me, me, me in my world. But you will really will have to excuse me as I go get some work done instead of listening to you go off about something completely unrelated to my life here or elsewhere, period. As much as you might like hearing the sound of your voice? I really need to clear off my desk before the movers show up, so um, yeah, see these iPod headphones? That's right, they're going in my ears. That's right, that means I could care less about how much cleaning up you have to do. The less time you spend at my desk whining about how you're never going to finish, the more time you can spend actually getting your stuff done. Amazing concept, eh?
But you're not listening to me, you just want to vent some more. So I will just ignore you as you talk and talk and talk and talk. I know they won't be firing you for NOT doing your work at this point, but really, with all that severance you keep talking about getting? Maybe you can hire someone to listen to you and acknowledge all your woes.
I think there are some boxes I need to make up at the other end of the office, 'scuse me.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

I have been such a neglectful commenter lately! I'm sorry to hear that things have been so stressful for you lately. Here's hoping the next three days go quickly. :)

more cowbell said...

I heard that -- can I just copy that and paste it to the front of my desk?