Monday, March 05, 2007

Still Less Than 1/2 My Age

Oh, hello!  You still come here and visit even though I am a laaaaaaaaaame blogger?  Some day I will work less than or equal to 40 hours a week and maybe I'll visit here more often myself.  For now, here is what struck me as I was knitting the heel flaps on a pair of socks I've been working away on since my footlets, which I haven't blogged about either...
 
MY LITTLE BROTHER WILL BE 15 YEARS OLD ON THURSDAY.
 
I was similarly shocked last year at the realization he was 14 AND starting high school and well, not my baby brother anymore.  It's still a shock to hear his DEEP voice on the telephone.  It's all helping me prepare for his 18th birthday, I think.  Not only will I feel ancient, but he will be exactly 1/2 my age.  Let us not dwell on how old that will make me in 3 years, la, la, la, not listening.
 
We have a music-swap/introduction-thing going.  I dig deep...sometimes so deep I did not know I owned the CD, sometimes delving into Andy's collection (hi, Andy!) to find music his teenage-self would like.  And when he requests his noise--I mean music of choice? Yey Public Libraries and their vast music collections, is all I can say.  He is far too into all kinds of icky...I mean, um, popular skater/heavy metal/whatever music.  You know, that "noise" that kids listen to.  Yes, I recognize that I have become my mother.  SIGH...
 
When did that happen?
 
Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm my mother, too. My husband still listens to that hard/metal rock he listened to in high school. Yuck!

Bezzie said...

I think Beth and I might be married to the same man...

But your experience w/your little bro sound like mine. But he's only 10 years younger than me. But I still picture him as that 11 y.o. I left at home. And now he's freaking 18.