Friday, May 16, 2008

Blanca, Your Minister Called...

I was going to title this one, "How Do They Find Me" but really, they weren't looking for me, but someone named Blanca with my last name. And seeing as my last name is equivalent to Smith or Jones in Mexico, it doesn't surprise me.

However, when my direct line for work is called, I have to wonder who gave them my number seeing as it's not listed nor do I freely go adding my name and work number to places who might then call me AT WORK to leave voice-mails to please ATTEND THEIR CHURCH.

Do you know these people? Why did you have them call me? And, as the pastor was reading off a list, I think he may have mis-read his notes or got thrown off where he was, because he faltered when he got to saying who he was asking for. But that didn't keep him from pretending he knew whoever Blanca is and how he'd like her to meet him "tonight" and talk about Jesus with her.

Really, this was the message. I'd have digitized it and plugged it in here, but it was a) too much work, b) in Spanish and c) kinda creepy in that I'm calling to see if you're coming tonight and if you are, meet me outside on the platform so we can discuss your belief in Jesus-way.

BIG SIGH...

It's Aloha Friday, no work 'til Monday...la la la, la la-la...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm. Weird.

Bezzie said...

Hm, that is weird. I've got a high school Spanish teacher calling me to inform me that my daughter has missed 12 classes. Maybe Blanca's not making it to class either.

Anonymous said...

Interesting... Weird phone calls creep me out. After I moved to Atlanta, I got a long recorded phone message that played the song my high school boyfriend and I liked. This ex-boyfriend lived in Atlanta. I was antsy for weeks... :)

Olga said...

Yep- weirdo first class. I had some middle east guy call me up every day 3 0r 4 times A DAY insisting I was some other lady and didn't believe my husband when he told him I wasn't who he thought I was and stop calling. We even called the police, It was very creepy.