Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Sprint Blogging: When Did I Start Needing Face Cream?

Hi.

Yes, that is the title I chose. It kinda just popped into my head as I looked down at my desk. Face cream. Yes. It seems eons ago I used to watch my mom, aunts, cousins slather that stuff on their faces. I would touch my own and wonder how they could deal with the grease.

Yes.

Grease.

How old must I have been? About 9 I'm guessing. That's when I really remember Mexico and my dad's little town and my cousins...it was post-bath time and they were smearing that stuff all over their arms and legs and, faces. I couldn't stand it. I'd been told to use cream on my arms and legs as the town's water was either well or heavy mineral and it would dry my skin out.

Somehow my face wasn't a part of that...facial skin doesn't feel like hand skin. Doesn't feel like leg skin...so why would you use the same "nivea" or "ponds" or "wonder" on it...do you guys remember Wonder cream? I think I saw some at Target the last time I was there. I almost bought it. Almost...except, yeah, all those creams remind me of the, ahem, (my mom would throttle me if she heard me saying this, but as I'm writing maybe it's different,) little old lady smell that emanates from my ahhhh, "older" family members. You know?

So this morning? I put on some face cream. I've been stuck in air conditioning hell for the last two days. You know what AC does to my face? Hoooo boy, it dries it out. BIG TIME. I have scales! My face is FLAKING OFF....or well, that's what I feel when I touch it. So I pulled out the ol' face cream. Neutrogena Healthy Defense...it's what I use when I got, like, OUT to play. My beautiful friends (and they are, you really should look at their pics) Richard and Steve gifted me "Comfort Zone" last year for my birthday? And it's got some SPF in it, only it's an exfoliating cream. It worked WONDERS for the freckles that would not go away anymore. The freckles? GONE. But if I use it too often it makes my face go away too :). I kinda need it to work and stuff, so out comes the Neutrogena. Okay, gonna be late for work if I don't get out NOW.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know this is different than face cream, but I used to love Noxzema - the way it smelled, how it felt cool on my face, the feeling when I dipped my fingers into the jar. I wonder what would happen if I used that stuff now. My skin is definitely different than it was - and not in a good way!