Monday, June 12, 2006

Flashing the Sticks...

Saturday:
Mom's Teriyaki: (lunch) I knit a row or two waiting for the grub! A table of college-aged kids sat kitty corner from us and the young lady facing us kept looking at me as she spoke to her friends. Not a malicious look, mind.

Sears: Going down the escalator, I especially liked the look I got from the girl going UP.

Sky Nursery: Didn't. Had my hands full with African Violets (PURPLE!) and whatever little plant Andy chose whose name I've forgotten. But I did knit to and from there.

Wells Fargo: Sorry, again, hands full.

THE MALL: After all that trekking about Andy wanted a Dairy Queen Malted. The "closest" happened to be the Northgate Mall. So off we went. (I knit in the car on the way there as well as) in the elevator to get from the parking area to the food court. After that there was a blizzard in my hands and we don't mix sticky stuff with yarn. Besides, my ice cream would melt and vanilla & oreo cookie soup sounds disgusting.

Then as we sat watching Battle Star Galactica Season 1 disc 4, yeah, more knitting.

All this "stolen" knitting time was rather productive, I've done about 1/2 the leg of the 2nd "Seastorm Spectrum Socks." Not to mention spreading out the KIP thing all over Seattle instead of just the park :).

2 comments:

Rick Andreoli said...

I love the new Battlestar series so much I could DIE! I even begged Michael Rymer (who I worked with on two films) to let Steve and I come to Vancouver to be killed on the set; he said no because we're not Canadian. Oh well... I can't wait until the new season starts!

Anonymous said...

sounds like you spent your KIP day very well!