Saturday, December 23, 2006

May I have a small container of coffee?

I'm "it." Beth tagged me:

THE RULES:
Each player of this game starts with the 6 weird things about you. People who get tagged need to write a blog post of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says "you are tagged" in their comments and tell them to read your blog...


hmmm 6 weird things!?! Hmmm well, I'm sure people who know me would agree that there are far more than 6 that I could share...but what HAVEN'T I shared already?

I joke a lot about my "OCD" behaviors...but if I were much worse, I'd be on medication, seriously. As I haven't gone into much detail about such issues, I'll start there and see what other weird things come up to the forefront:
1. I don't have to have anything super neat or anything, Andy can attest first hand about that one, but numbers are very important to me. Today's blog title is a mnemonic for pi (3.1415926).

2. 5s are my favorite. I spread my hat decreases over 5 rows, I stretch out my fingers and make sure I can "feel" all five digits, I set my alarm in 5 minute increments. 4's are okay as long as they are easily divisible by 6...just ask my mom's latest socks. Multiples of 3 I don't like so much, especially after 15. I avoid them as much as possible.

3. I can make most numbers "work" for me, as long as they live somewhere on the 1-12 pee-chee-multiplication-table-world that I've constructed in my head. I might not like certain areas of the table, but the numbers therein don't stop my daily existence or anything. Once outside off that box though...uhhh, it's hard.

Enough about the numbers...they're making me antsy now.
4. I am the great "locator of things" in the house. Ask me where anything is, AS LONG AS IT'S NOT MINE, I can tell you. I have absolutely NO CLUE where my keys are most of the time. Or my wallet, checkbook, passport, cell phone...head.

5. When frustrated or far too excited, I "lose" the language I'm speaking in and fill in the blank with my "second." Sometimes it's just a word; others, and this is bad, the ENTIRE phrase I'm aiming for. (i.e. when conversing with my mother the other night, in Spanish, I could not for the life of me remember how to say "package," in Spanish. You know, like, "has the package I sent down for your grandchildren arrived?" (Ha llegado el um, aahhh, package para tus nietos?) Or at work, um, today? Computer = blank. But computadora was right there to take it's place. As in, "The ummm computadora won't load lotus notes." ) This has always been the case, but I was much better at catching myself before inserting the odd word out---at least in English--when I was younger. Sometimes it sounded like I was getting my "latina" on as a heavily accented word might slip out. Now? Umm, no se. Either I just don't care anymore, or I just assume everyone will catch what I mean in context.

6. I have to know "why." If something is broken, the bus is late, dinner is burned, I'm bugging someone, someone is bugging me, a dog is howling, the mail didn't show up, someone who said they would call didn't, etc, and so forth, I must know WHY. There has to be a reason, even if I have to come up with something myself. Most of the time I tend to share these theories out loud, "Maybe he got stuck in traffic." Especially the ones I have absolutely no control over, "Mother nature hates me!" Or the now ubiquitous, "You don't like me!" being bantered about Casa de Tactless for every little thing. Yes, I am annoying and I don't know why people put up with me...but I'll come up with a reason if they don't tell me.

I am very bad at tagging for an infinite number of reasons. But right now, at this time of year when everyone will be busy with family and craziness? I say if you had time to read this entry, then you're "it!" (Well, only if you want to be.) Leave a comment or email me if you do post a "weirdness" post so I can go stalk you :).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked reading your 6 weird things. I especially can relate to #6!

Merry Christmas!

Bezzie said...

Man, I have to do this one. I was tagged twice on it.

See I do number 5 but with my gringaized Spanish. I'm constantly barking at Chunky in Spanish to hurry up, hold my hand or listen to me. A mother at his school once asked me if I was Mexican. Uhh....how do you explain you're just a white girl who was majoring in Hispanic Studies and has a penchant for Dora?