Friday, February 16, 2007

You Don't Know What You Got Til Its Gone...

Being a temp is many things, both good and bad. However, there are certain advantages that I hadn't realized until yesterday. The major one, the one stewing in my head right now is the fact that I came into my assignment knowing it would end.

When the company gets sold twice in what seems like an overnight move by its new "parent" company/post merging partner and its first seller? (As in twice in a week.) Well, I still knew I had an end date and nothing had changed except that it might be 20-ish days sooner than I wanted it to be. The people who thought they'd be working for the company for ever and ever? (Does anyone still think that way when they work in the "big corporation" world/game?) They're talkin' 45-60 days.

Can we say the, um, atmosphere is starting to change drastically at my lovely, cool, calm, collected as yet unnamed work place? (BTW, I couldn't really tell you the name at this point as we're not quite one company and not yet another, yet, and soon to be yet another...Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase, "Who's your daddy?"--And I can't take credit for that one either, one of the Admin Assists shared that thought with me.)

So, yes, lots more work during the day and coming home very tired and just wanting to chill or sleep in the evenings makes for very little blogging/knitting/reading/me time. Then there's the flu that's going around...I'm becoming a prime candidate for it. Tired+stress+not eating right...then throw in that Andy picked up a bug somewhere the other day...happy 3 day weekend for me! :(.

(Yes, I get the holiday, NO, I don't get paid...)

Happy Friday

1 comment:

Jillio said...

i think that's what i'm afraid of: being a lifer at my current job. while it's not a bad thing, i'm worrying about the way i'll feel years from now if i stay at this job. i don't dislike the job, i just don't want to feel like i'll be missing out by staying. i ask myself if i'm giving up worthwhile, possible dreams by choosing to continue working. golden handcuffs: i can afford to do what i like outside of work. i worry that i could be doing greater things in a different occupation, but at the sacrifice of being able to do the things outside of work. you know?
and good gawd, i don't even want to think about how this perspective will change when i have kids!
where was i going with this? oh, i forget. but um, hope things work out. how's your sewing machine?