Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Pissed.

No, not in the good drunk way either.
Observe:

This would be the Yarn Aboard box I mailed off last Thursday. Seeing as it's heading out of country I thought I'd get right on it. Proof of mail date:
And yes, that's what it cost to mail the sucker out.
Yet behold, it was returned for one very important reason:
I know, it's fuzzy, I'll reprint it:
We regret that your mail is being returned to you because of heightened security measures. All domestic mail weighing 16 oz or over, that bears stamps and all international military APO/FPO mail weighing 16 oz or over MUST be presented to a retail clerk at a post office. Postage that is affixed to the returned mail may be used for remailing the items.
Urg. Heightened security? I mailed it off through work and filled out all the required paperwork, but nope, no dice. The lovely lady behind the counter said it wouldn't have mattered what paperwork I filled out (I had to fill 2 different customs forms for her), it still required her taking it. Her magic hands were the special security needed to fulfill the box's trip, or something. I got to spend some fun time at the ole P.O. In line. JOY! Great use of my time since it's not like I'm updating my resume or applying for jobs or anything. Urg.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been having PO trouble, too. The different locations I visit tell me different things about what I can mail, which customs form to fill out, etc. It gets aggrevating.

Bezzie said...

Well, at least on the plus side they returned it to you. I'm surprised they didn't open it and play with it at customs at the country you were sending it to and then mail it off to the recipient three months later. Yeah, been there done that.

Anonymous said...

I hate my local post office. I will not even start about my mail carrier. So sorry you had to deal with this...look at it this way though, at least it is not too far into the holiday season that you had to wait in those super crazy lines.