Friday, September 01, 2006

Sleep for Healing

Or maybe I should call it "Crashing?"

I'm not sick, yet.
I think my body is shutting down to make sure I don't break down any more than I have already. Or that's my pop psycho answer to my need to collapse at the end of the workday yesterday AND today.
Although yesterday?
MIGRAINE.
I had no choice. I miscalculated. It'd been so long since I had a real full-on "M-word" that I didn't catch it before the sparkley lights invaded. Fellow sufferers will be nodding their heads at this point. I took my 800 mg Motrin anyway. I think it may have kept my head from splitting at all it's old concussed seams, but only just barely.

Today? I just crashed. Again, probably because I was running on adrenaline and caffeine. My body HURT this morning from the unrealized "clenching" it was doing last night. I really should have taken a second Motrin dose, but I was too busy being semi-conscious and denying the fact that I was going to sleep WITH the MIGRAINE still raging. Yes, I know, why didn't I just slit my wrists while I was at it. I was just so tired. I didn't want to ride out the pain anymore. (For those of you wondering? I'm the kind that has to stay awake until the pain subsides or I go all hardcore "fetal position" with tensed muscles, ALL OF THEM, throughout the night. This didn't hurt so much when I was twelve, but at 32 going on 90? O-U-C-H!)

Suffice to say? No knitting. No finished bootie. No August Project Spectrum.

Oh well. I'ma gonna use September to "finish up," yey for "make-up" days :).

Happy 3-day weekend! I'm not sure I'm doing anything, but I'm all full of wishful thinking!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sure hope you're starting to feel better and that you can enjoy your weekend.

You did a great job with Project Spectrum! I, on the other hand, didn't finish many things at all. Toward the end I didn't even try to make anything each month.

jillian said...

Ouch! Hope you're feeling better and get lots of rest this weekend!

Bezzie said...

Yech. I can only begin to imagine. Don't suffer from them regularly, but had a near killer one after I had my son.

kristy said...

I suffer with Migraines too.Same syptoms flashy or sparkling lights, numness in my arm and slurred speech if it is going to be a "bad" one . other than that i have them up to 3 or more a week. I knit to keep sane
take care Kristy