Thursday, October 04, 2007

I Gotta Start Writing Good Title Ideas Down...

Half asleep in purple plaid pajamas, I had a brilliant idea of what to title a post!

Then I drank my coffee, showered, made lunch, and yeah, gone....

You'd think with the number of notebooks and pens I own (shush, Andy, best not comment), I'd be able to write anything down no matter where I was in the apartment! Big sigh.

And isn't it weird how from a brilliant title an even more fabulous post ensues? And the inverse of course...cuz now that the title has slipped my addled noggin', remembering the brilliance of the actual post is nigh impossible.

And like wearing the best clothes you own when you have run out of clean laundry, it seems I pull out my 25¢ phrases when I run out of things to say....(I reserve the $.50 ones for obnoxious people at work.)

OH WORK! I haven't really started, and I have. Or rather, I'm still finishing up in my temp department and will some day "transition" into my new one, maybe it will start with an orientation! It's day 4 now and I still haven't gotten one of those...but joy and glee, I'm already being paid at my new LOWER rate to do the harder work I was doing! Fun times! I do have to wonder how they come up with these things!

So, when I rule the world? Right, we'll scrap that idea right off. At least it's not too grand a demotion. I heard there was a director that decided to become an assistant (their decision, not the company's) and the "transition" was about a month long. Yep, got paid at the "new" lower scale while they finished up their director duties...my neck hurts just thinking about that one.

Anyhow, I should get going before all the parking spaces are taken. It is amazing how many vehicles magically appear in Seattle when the rain appears...

4 comments:

Bezzie said...

Wouldn't that mean the vehicles are out quite a bit then? ;-)

yeah, I'm thinking about buying a shower crayon to write down my ideas I come up with in there. As soon as I dry off, they're usually gone.

Anonymous said...

Actually, I think that "Half asleep in purple plaid pajamas" is a great blog post title! :)

Birdsong said...

Your wit always brightens my day!

Rick Andreoli said...

I hate it when I'm in the shower, have a BRILLIANT opening to an article, and the I sit down and think, "That's not a real sentence. That's not even a smart fragment. That's just shit."

So yeah, I get the inspiration that flutters away. But with practice, you'll be able to make up newer better shit. Trust me.